If the calendar isn’t enough to remind me that summer has officially arrived, a quick check of the outdoor temperature sure is. As I write this the mercury has reached 102º F in Central California. Alright, it’s true there is no mercury involved, just a quick check of my weather app, but it’s really hot!
The time of year and temperature have me thinking about summertime food and wine pairings. For me it’s often something easy, tasty and on the lighter side. That goes for wine too. But in addition to considerations of weather I often take inspiration for summer meals from what’s in the Farmers Market. What inspires your summertime cooking?
The July theme for Wine Pairing Weekend (#winePW) is Summer Supper & Wine and you are cordially invited to join the food and wine pairing event.
Here’s how to join us:
• Send me an email to tell me you’re in. Include your blog URL, Twitter handle, link to your Pinterest profile and the title of your blog post. I’d like to get a sense of who’s participating and give some shoutouts and links as we get closer to the event. My email is:
• Send me the title of your post by Tuesday, July 4 to be included in the preview post. I will publish a preview post shortly after getting the titles, linking to your blogs. Your title should include #winePW. If you want to get involved after Tuesday, July 4, just drop me an email with the title of your post and I will add you to the list of links.
• Publish your post between 12:01 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. EDT on Saturday, July 8, 2017.
• Include a link to the other #winePW participants in your post, and a description of what the event is about. I will provide the html code you can put in your initial post — which will link to people’s general blog URL — then updated code for the permanent links to everyone’s #winePW posts.
• Get social! After the posts go live, please visit your fellow bloggers’ posts to comment and share on social media. We have a Facebook group for participating bloggers to connect and share too.
• Sponsored posts are OK if clearly disclosed. Please be sure to disclose if your post is sponsored or if you are describing wine or other products for which you have received a free sample.
• Live #winePW Twitter Chat Saturday, July 8, 11 a.m. ET: Participating bloggers and others interested in the subject will connect via a live Twitter chat by following #winePW. Please join us! You can definitely still join the blog event if you’re not available for the live chat.
For background about Wine Pairing Weekend and for a list of future and past #winePW events, please visit David Crowley’s website Cooking Chat. David started Wine Pairing Weekend in June 2014. The July event will be Wine Pairing Weekend # 38!