We haven’t had many South African wines but the few we have, we have liked. The 2007 Thelema Cabernet Sauvignon “The Mint” (13.5% abv) is from Helshoote in the mountains of the Stellenbosch region. The color was a medium dark ruby and the nose had dark fruit and Jalapeño peppers. There were moderate smooth tannins, good acid and plenty of flavor. There was dark fruit, Jalapeño pepper, mint, chocolate and some vegetal notes. Overall a very good wine I highly recommend.
Subscribe to PullThatCorkBe notified about new posts.
Need to Pull That Cork?
Looking for Wine Gifts?
- mahdylife on 2011 Diageo Annual Wine Celebration
- pay day loan on Wente Vineyards Chardonnay Twitter Tasting
- Celebrating Finger Lakes Wine Month – Aromatic White Wines | Pull That Cork on Finger Lakes Wine Tasting Series: Red Wines
- SakéOne – Premium Saké Made in Oregon | Pull That Cork on Sake Sunday
- Nancy on St. Jorge Winery – Portuguese Varietal Wines in Lodi