We haven’t had many South African wines but the few we have, we have liked. The 2007 Thelema Cabernet Sauvignon “The Mint” (13.5% abv) is from Helshoote in the mountains of the Stellenbosch region. The color was a medium dark ruby and the nose had dark fruit and Jalapeño peppers. There were moderate smooth tannins, good acid and plenty of flavor. There was dark fruit, Jalapeño pepper, mint, chocolate and some vegetal notes. Overall a very good wine I highly recommend.
Subscribe to PullThatCorkBe notified about new posts.
Need to Pull That Cork?
Looking for Wine Gifts?
- Nancy on Hotel Eldorado – Kelowna, British Columbia
- Nancy on Wine And A Pyramid Too!
- Kelowna Catherine on Hotel Eldorado – Kelowna, British Columbia
- Kelowna Catherine on Wine And A Pyramid Too!
- Wine Bloggers Enjoyed Taste of Kelowna, Results Coming In | Tourism Kelowna News Centre on Wine Bloggers’ Conference 2013 — Pre-Conference Fun